3.1.06

Do you think anyone notices...?

I'll continue with the trip to Jamaica later. But let's use New York as a quick side bar. It's next on the list, because it's the next place that I lived. So hubby and I run up to NYC for New Year's. No, not to stand in the freezing cold and watch the ball drop. We intended to see Cassandra Wilson at the Blue Note.

On the drive in from the Lincoln Tunnel, I noticed this sign. Now if I were a traffic cop on the beat, I'd stand on this corner and ticket everyone I heard honk, beep, toot, or even whistle. Mayor Bloomberg would love me, he'd give me the key to the city. Heck, he'd give me the key to his house. Yeah, most of the commuters, livery drivers, etc. would probably despise me, but then again New Yorkers aren't known for their warm, caring demeanor. But if you're a law abiding citizen, this should bother you none. While you're in town, make sure that any bars or nightclubs you visit has a cabaret license or you'll be dancing illegally too. Happy Travels.

No comments: