22.3.10

Disagreeing Disagreeably

So I try to avoid all this political mumbo jumbo, because like most Americans (whether they'd like to admit it or not) I'm not very well versed in politics. I know the bits and pieces of American history that have been exposed to me but that does not make the whole story, nor am I going to act like it does.

Everyone is yelling about healthcare reform. In particular, yelling on the floor of Congress. Case & Point #1: a GOP member then shouted at Stupak: "Baby killer!" Seriously, we've elected "these people" who act like this. If they yelled liar, then I could understand. He said he wasn't going to support the bill, then changed his mind. But is he really a baby killer? And if he was, does this behavior encourage him to agree with you or is he more inclined to resist the *unidentified accuser*.

I'm severely disappointed that this sort of behavoir occurs on the floor of Congress. I thought we elected these officials so that they can handle these matters in a professional manner on our behalf. We've assumed that they are better educated on these issues and have a working knowledge on how to sway others to work with them. I know someone knows the identity of the shouter and the fact that they're covering for this person says to me that this behavoir is acceptable in Congress.

This does NOT make me proud to be an American!

No comments: