25.3.07

Cathcing up

I've been trying to catch up on my reading. Starting with the stacks of newspapers in my office. I've got it to a manageable pile, that won't crush me to death if it were to fall over. The system functions as such.

Monday, I scour for any architectural critiques; if none, I recycle.

Tuesday, I skim the Sciences Times head lines, but even the little article are great, so I hold onto that section. Oh and I scour for any architectural critiques.

Wednesday is Dining In, Dining Out. I'm more interested in the recipes, which haven't interested me in that last couple of weeks. The Dining Out section is great, but I live in NC, not NY. So if I attempted to eat at all the places they mentioned by the time I get to NY, I'd never see anything or anyone but a plate of food. I scour for any architectural critiques.

Thursday is all about the Styles section and House & Home. I really can't figure out why they separate the two, but that's because I'm an architect with an interest in interiors, graphic design, and fashion. It's really all one world as far as I'm concerned. I've seen fabrics on couches that belong on a skirt instead. And I skim for any architectural critiques.

Lastly there's The Escape in Friday's paper, which I'd love to escape to but even if I lived in NY to fly out of LaGuardia, I'm definitely not the demographic their interested in recruiting. I skim for any architectural critiques.

So then you'd think that I'd catch up on all of that on Saturday, but it's my day of intellectual rest. I just vacuum mindlessly; it's BLISS!

Then early Sunday morning, and I mean like 12:05 AM EARLY, the Sunday paper arrives. But I'm not peeking outside until 7:30. I mean what would the neighbors think. As I try to make breakfast, eat, and get dressed; I read. The Travel Section first, skim the Sunday Styles and the Sunday Business, I don't even look at the book review anymore, and the Week in Review. And wait for an architectural critique that slaps me in the face before my coffee does. All of that to say...

No comments: