I recently celebrated my 29th birthday. So of course I choose this as the most opportune time to reflect on my life and accomplishments. Overall I feel pretty good about being 29 and where I am in life. I really enjoying this age because all those identity crises and anxieties of my early 20's have been resolved. I am who I am, which is not who I used to be, nor am I who I am going to be. I am just who I am.
I am not 22, or 23. Nor do I want to be 22 or 23. I'm wiser, more stable, well-adjusted, more even tempered. Now don't get me wrong frustration does still get the best of me at times, just not all the time. Though now I can sit back and chuckle at those "young whipper-snappers" as they get bent out of shape over things I know they can't change; they just don't know it yet. And yes I'm still well capable of acting a fool, but now it's more so when I'm happy or excited over something rather than upset.
I've accepted that I don't look like I did when I was younger. Gravity has taken hold, but in a good way. I don't despise my gray hairs, they're only "natural" highlights. I found a gray hair in my husband's head and actually got excited. He couldn't understand, but that's okay. We're growing gray together and that's all that matters.
All in all, I enjoyed 28, revelling in 29, and look forward to 30. BTW, if the boomers have 60 as the new 20; then at 30 I just a kid in a candy shop. Life is sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment