There are many reasons to love NY. But I love it because I see it as the greatest clarrsoom ever given to mankind. My impression was probably formed when I was a child. We lived in the Bronx and my mom would take me into the City every weekend. We'd go to the Met or the Natural History Museum, take a break at the playground in central park, then buy an armful of books from Barnes & Noble for the train ride back home. Since then NYC keeps displaying exhibits that spark my curiousity and make me travel back, even though I'm now a plane ride away.
The items/exhibits that are drawing me back are as follows (in order of earliest closing dates):
Playing the Building: An Installation by David Byrne10 South Street, New York, NY
31 May – 24 August 2008
Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Noon – 6PM (Free)
MOMA: Young Architects Program 2008 July 20–October 20, 2008
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling July 20–October 20, 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment