25.3.11

The New "Old" Guard

Last night as I was gave my daughter a bath, I streamed Amel Larrieux via Pandora and thought to myself, "Where is the talent in today's musical world?"

I'm not yet old enough to say "All the kids nowadays listen to is pure garbage", but I'm getting close to it.

This morning, when I heared an intriguing tune as the backgroud to a news show, I decided to use Shazam on my EVO (see I'm not completely technologically incompetent) which immediately took me to Pandora and played this sweetness.

Talent she's got, Looks too. But an incredible work ethic is what propels this young lady. Starting with hauling that big bass wherever she and it needs to be. You can easily hear why she beat Justin Beiber at the Grammys for Best New Artist of the Year. When I grow up, I'm going to... be like her, tenacious.


No comments: