Here's a (admittedly biased) snippet of the interview.
Q. What gave you the strength to continue surfing?
A. I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe he gave me the passion and determination to continue surfing. You fall off the horse and you get back on. I had to go for it.
Q. Who has been the greatest influence on your life?
A. There’s been a lot of people, but I would have to say my parents. They have encouraged me in my relationship with Jesus Christ and in my passion for surfing. Aside from them, I have a youth leader named Sarah Hill, who is played in the movie by Carrie Underwood. Sarah has been a friend since I was 8 or 9 years old. We all need that extra friend outside of our immediate family to talk about that extra stuff you wouldn’t normally talk to your parents about.
The movie, "Soul Surfer” which is based on Bethany's memoir, Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board, opens nationwide this Friday, April 8th, 2011.

When I grow up I'm going to.....be passionate and determined.
1 comment:
Love it! I think I might take "passionate and determined" as my mantra for a while.
Post a Comment