19.7.12

Morning Times

I recently resubscribed to home delivery of the NYTimes. While our daughter is at Camp Grandmomma's, I actually have the opportunity to breeze through the paper each morning. I know full well I will have to cancel my subscription upon her return, so I'm really savoring this little bit of "me" time.

Yesterday morning, when the paper didn't arrive, I was a bit disappointed. When I noticed my neighbor's local paper, I was irritated. I tried to think rationally, maybe my newspaper delivery person had a family emergency. The thought didn't soothe me.

I was looking forward to the wealth of recipes in the Dining section on Wednesday. Hungering for my paper, I went online. I do not like reading online. The highlighter smudges on the monitor and the scissors scratch up the screen. It's just not the same.

Alas, something is better than nothing. And Salmon With Agrodolce Blueberries is SOMETHING! And it's something else in COLOR!(Click the photo for a how-to video)


My newspaper was on my doorstep when I got home. I flipped to the recipe. Same article, same recipe, but no color. It just wasn't the same in print. Thank you newspaper delivery guy/gal for delivering my paper late and allowing me the awesome opportunity of experiencing it in living color. Just don't do it again.

No comments: