As I lay in bed at 5:00 AM this morning, yearning to roll over and back under the blankets, I thought back to why I set my alarm that early anyway.
Before I began using the early morning hours to get chores done, those moments were originally intended to be spent with God and His Word. As I wrestled with warmth, comfort, and laziness, I reminded myself of my commitment to use every moment that He has given me for His glory. Which meant that I needed to roll in the opposite direction.
I fumbled for my spectacles and realized that I left them in my daughter's room last night as I was putting her to bed. Gratefully, His Word is abundantly available via technology. For vision impaired person such as I, His Light manifest as a backlit screen.
Each morning I start out on the road to good intentions, and I often either get deterred, delayed or distracted, but His word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.(Psalms 119:105)
Literally, I am led by His Light.
No comments:
Post a Comment