19.7.06

Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem

As many religious and political opinions as there are to be had,
most value human life. So with my religious and political understanding of the Middle East conflict not quite developed, I really don't feel that I can comment on ALL that's going on. I do know that EVERY human life is valuable. And part of what makes life wonderful is friendship.

Currently I have a friend who is there and trying to get out. It shouldn't matter whether this friend is male or female, young or old, American or Arabian, Christian or Muslim. It is a friend who still has their life and would like to keep it. But if I were the media, I'd spin it like this to pull on your heart strings.
Young American female teacher trapped in Beirut.
Waiting for US promised boat ride to Cyprus.
She's a bit scared, her parents are worried, and I try more to pray than worry.
I'm asking you to pray for her, other Americans, other foreign visitors, and those people who are native inhabitants. Most of all the latter, because most of them don't want to be in the middle of a war and they don't have the government promise of a safe evacuation. Their only choice is to leave the only homes they've ever known for whatever life may hold, because they are simply trying to hold on to life.

Psalm 122
1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD
according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.

7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is in control. I pray that she does have a relationship with God that will allow her to lean on Him through this ordeal, realizing this is a trial of faith. May His arms of safety encompass her and keep her in arc of safety. She is in my thoughts...