As an architect, I dream of designing my own home. There are things that I love, such as backlit built-in bookcases. Usually when "programming" you go through a list of things that the space will be used for. Different people use their homes for different reasons. Some like to entertain guests, some use it as an extension of, if not fully as their workspace. And once upon a time, home was thought of as a place of sanctuary. Where you went to escape everything and everyone outside. It's even considered its own sovereignty, depending on whom you ask. "Under my roof, my rules."
I like the sanctuary idea. But most of all I like the sanctuary of all home sanctuaries, the bathroom. Nix that, a bath suite, with the soaking tub for two as the centerpiece. Scented candles all around, 5.1 Dolby surround sound, and a brass bell. So I can beckon my husband, whose name I will have changed to "Garçon", for a peach bellini.
Fortunately, for my hubby at least, we're a little ways away from that. But at least I have a starting point.
2 comments:
Wow...now the question is which of your issues should you deal with first....*smh*
You know how they say dreams can come true.....not this one!
Post a Comment