
I rarely have time to finish reading the newspaper from day to day. Much less write any of my commentary down, once I've digested it. But here's it is.
Didja hear? Didja hear? Starbucks is now going to sell books. Doesn't really excite me that much, since it's where I get my newspaper from everyday. But it does support my Starbucks is like Walmart theory. Every so often I go in for a paper and coffee, I'm distracted by their music selection or their clearance items, water bottles, etc. After a $40 purchase, of which I only intended to spend $4, I came to the conclusion that Starbucks is trying to become a boutique one-stop shop.
Since their positioning themselves to suck as much money out of me as possible, I've taken a few liberties with them. First of all, I do not call the guys/gals that make my coffee baristas. I try to learn their names, but I refer to them as my coffee guy. It feels more comfortable to me. I do not call their drinks sizes according to their nomenclature. A small is a small, not a tall. Grandi, Verdi, Venti. Whatever. It's either small, medium or large. Not to mention I took French in high school. And I really don't like the Italianization of my coffee, considering coffee originated in Ethiopia. Why isn't the Starbucks menu written in Amharic?
Anyway, I gotta run and get today's paper from my local Sbux.
No comments:
Post a Comment