7.2.08

Unresolved Political Issues?

So now Super-Tuesday is over! We've learned that more people like John McCain than Mitt Romney. And Hillary & Barack are still neck and neck. The May 6th primaries in NC, might make a difference after all. But I still have some questions.

I know that I should know these answers, and I did at one point and time. Probably because I had to pass Local History & Goverment to graduate high school. Then I had to take the citizenship exam (which BTW the native-borns were of no study help). It helps to talk politics with kids. I had a brief conversation w/ my 8 year old sister about why we don't choose presidents based on their gender. I ended up explaining government programs for the good of the people and the funding of said institutions (like HeadStart) on an elemetary level. She got it!

Next week on Nik's Politiking: Citizenship: Right or Priviledge? Who decides?

No comments: