15.3.12

It's your birthday? Pink cupcakes?

Everyday Katherine either asks or states that it's someone's birthday.

Tuesday, as she was leaving daycare, she told her teacher "Tomorrow mommy/daddy's birthday". I just shook my head no and shooed her out to the car.

Yesterday as we were driving to daycare she said to me "It's Miss Danielle's birthday." I just said okay and continued on. I did write Miss Danielle a note alerting her that it was her birthday per Katherine.

Here is the note I got in return:
I talked with Katherine, broke the news it wasn't my birthday.
Katherine: "Why not?"
Miss Danielle: " I had it already."
Katherine: "Oh...we can do it again, it be fun, we have pink cupcake."
Miss Danielle: "But my birthday's over"
Katherine: "We sing and cupcakes come."

I think I may be throwing Katherine an "un-birthday" party with pink cupcakes this weekend.

1 comment:

Monique said...

That is so cute. Nadia loves "birthdays" too and often insists on sharing my birthday with her! During our July CA trips, Nadia gave my twin sister a surprise birthday and refused to accept the fact we had to wait until February to celebrate. Nadia planned ALL of the details....cookies, drinks, music, decorations, games, and how we would surprise Monica! Monica really was surprised, the party last all of 15 min and Nadia was so proud of herself. I was proud of her too.