In the weeks approaching Resurrection Sunday, Kate's Sunday school curriculum addressed Jesus' miracles. I know they talked about Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. I want to share with my child my faith, but there's that sticky business of discussing death. Hhhmmm...how to break down death into 2 year old terms? No one wants that job, especially not me.
She must have gleaned something good from Sunday school, because she was able to comfort her daycare teacher in the following week when her dog was sick and had to be put down. She came back to class a bit teary eyed.
Kate: "You sad, Miss Danielle?"
Miss Danielle: "Yes, I'm sad. My dog was sick and I had to put her to sleep."
Kate: "It's okay Miss Danielle, she go to Jesus." (as she hugs/pats her teacher)
I don't know how much of it she gets, but she gets it.
Instead of an Easter basket, I got her a gold chain with a cross on it. We'd been discussing how Jesus was hung and died on the cross. I told her by wearing my cross, I was showing that I love Jesus. She was excited to have her own cross and as I was putting her to bed I asked her what her cross means.
Kate: "Jesus live on my cross."
Me: "Yes and He lives in your heart."
Kate (with a bit fo panic in her voice): "Jesus eat my candy heart."
Me (smiling): "No baby, Jesus did not eat your candy heart."
Next week's lesson: Anatomy.
No comments:
Post a Comment