I ran to the kitchen, grabbed the pot as carefully as I could, struggled to open the sliding glass door to the snow-covered porch, and placed this extremely hot 1.5 qt saucepan in the snow; hoping that the scorched eggs inside would NOT explode the cover open and into my face. Frantically I shoveled snow onto and into the pot to cool it down. With a frozen hand, I retreated back into the kitchen.
I realized I lost any hope of protein with breakfast and accepted defeat yet again with another bowl of oatmeal with soy milk. Except I then realized that I had only about 1/3 cup of soy milk left and would have to supplement with cow's milk. "Great, Kate's gonna be up with gas and pooping all night again." So I proceeded to make my oatmeal: 1 cup old fashioned oats, pinch of ground nutmeg, a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 1+ cup of milk, a handful of raisin; microwave on high for 6 minutes.
Right as I sit down to eat my oatmeal, I hear Kate over the monitor. (She never lets me eat alone.)
Kate, happier then a pig in...
Just another beautiful day in the neighborhood!
PS. In our time of mother/daughter bonding, we got to watch Episode 8:The Tamarind School, Laos of "Adventures with Ruth". Mental note: Must buy lemongrass plant this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment