In the meanwhile, I still need to find books to read. So I figured I'd read about stuff I like. I like food. (Kyle, you feel me?) Let's read about food. So I decided to read "Not Becoming My Mother: And Other Things She Taught Me Along the Way" by Ruth Reichl, my favorite food editor of the now defunct Gourmet Magazine. It's a good book about looking at parents as people instead of just as parents but not enough food info. It left me hungry for more. Sorry Ruth but I'll just watch you on Diary of a Foodie and Adventures with Ruth for now.

I've just started "Chocolate: A Bittersweet Saga of Dark & Light" by Mart Rosenblum. It starts with this quote:
Nine out of every ten persons say they love chocolate. The tenth lies. -Anthelme Brillat-SavarinIt seems promising. I'll let you know how it goes. But in the meanwhile, it's making me hungry for chocolate. And not just the high-faluting stuff (Vosges) but the plain jane (Cadbury) bars will do. It also has me questioning whether I can really make chocolate on my own. You might get homemade chocolate bars from me next Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment