Yesterday I glanced up at Kate's closet to figure out what outfit to put on her for the day. I realized that I need to rotate out her 0-3 month clothes, and rotate in her 6-9 month clothes. I've been meaning to, but everytime I build up the motivation to do it, my heart stops me. I look at all her cute little 0-3 month outfits and realize that she'll never be able to wear them again. My baby's growing up. (sniff, sniff)
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those mothers who smother and never want her kids to grow up. On the contrary, I whole-heartedly believe that I'm raising responsible, productive, contributing members of society who will be mature enough to handle whatever situations arise with calmness and confidence. Nobody wants to work for or with a big baby and no one wants a big baby on their team or project. And I, most certainly, am not dipping into my savings to bail out someone who wants to act like a big baby.
But nonetheless, the first time I saw that little person in her crib in this very big world; I got a bit emotional. Knowing one day not only would we dismantle the crib to convert it to a toddler bed. But we'd convert it to a day bed, and eventually a double bed. That would be abandoned for a twin beds that stacks and comes with a $30,000+/semester fee. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. But 5 months ago feels like yesterday. If time really goes so quickly, then I will savor "this" moment a little while longer. And I will put off packing up her baby clothes just one more day.
No comments:
Post a Comment